Saturday 5 May 2012

Eyeless In Gaza - Pale Hands I Loved So Well, Uniton Records U004

Eyeless In Gaza are one of my favourite bands. Basically due to the extensive use of Arabic elements in their music mixed with electronic elements when electronic music start to emerge from the very first industrial movement. Here I gladly present "Pale Hands I Loved So Well", their 1982 album. Really, I cannot describe this. It is one of the most experimental works I have ever listened to. Just to give you an idea, in discogs, the poster has written

Genre:Classical, Electronic, Folk, World & Country, Rock
Style:New Wave, Classical, Free Improvisation

To these I add industrial, ambient and minimal...


It's not an album that you will just listen to and expect to get a positive or negative feeling. Probably one has to spend more time listening to the album than the time that it took the band to record it. A diamond, the brightness of which grows stronger and stronger in time...Recommended for all musicians especially. And keep in mind that this thing was recorded 30 years ago...


No comments:

Post a Comment