Sunday 20 January 2013

Cannibal Corpse - Torture, Metal Blade Records 3984-15080-2

Cannibal Corpse need no special introduction cause they're probably the most famous anti-commercial band worlwide, with their releases being banned or regulated in many countries. Plus they're one of the oldest players around in the game; death metal/grindcore.

This review is gonna be short. After the release of Bloodthirst I've stopped keeping track of them cause they sounded repetitive (I am a big fan of their first releases, up to "The Gallery of Suicide"; after that they played good death metal, but no songs that will stand above the mean and remember them for ever...and nothing new in terms of syntheses...)

After ten years, I decided to have a listen to their latest release.



CD in the player, press play, and I listen to this



The first thing that hits me is a completely "dirty" bass riff in the vain of the legends Macabre (one of my favourite bands). Continuing listening to the track, is what I would expect of a band that has a 25+ experience and they evolve remaining 100% original; completely different feeling from the "flat" Bloodthirst, Gore Obsessed era...

I go to their website, check the band listing, the same...good news...And there, I listen to this



There 're no more words to be said. A 100% pure US Death Metal release by one of the most important bands that this genre has spawned...

Old-School Deathsters around the world, rejoice and enjoy


ps. I think I'll have a look at their previous releases as well, you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment